If you discovered my blog recently, you may not have seen some of these gems. And if you have been reading all along (thank you!), here’s a refresher. My top 10 blog posts from 2014 – everything from slimmer thighs to the Spartan Death Race to best shoes for obstacle racing.
Grab a coffee!
1. spinning my wheels (and how you can get slimmer thighs instantly) My candid account of taking a spinning class, and the horror that is biking shorts.
2. why I can do double-unders and you can’t The ultimate secret to conquering double-unders.
3. fat days, or what to do when you feel like a pregnant whale We all have those. Even the boys, I think? Here’s what to do, when you wake up feeling like Jabba the Hutt.
4. how to become more awesome The story behind my short shorts, and the difference between difficult-easy and difficult-difficult.
5. run your own damn race A rare poem, reminding you to compete with yourself, not others.
6. obstacle racer’s dream shoe – Salomon S-LAB Sense 3 Ultra SG (Soft Ground) This shoe blew me away this year – light like a feather with shark teeth of a tread. Amazing.
7. the drop: now that the race is over, why do I feel so sad? I know you know that feeling. The event ends, and you find yourself moping around and munching on cookies. Here’s why.
8. 2014 Spartan Race World Championship (Vermont Spartan Beast) – analysis of distance, elevation and difficulty This post was (arguably) the most popular Vermont Beast recap this year. Thank you for all the love!
9. the Death Race Chronicles – how it ends I finally did it this year. I finished the story of my Spartan Death Race experience.
10. #myperfectDNF I share the criteria for my perfect DNF, and announce the plan to go to Fuego y Agua Survival Run in Nicaragua.